I tweeted earlier because of seeing me just tapping & running Barnacle Wifi Tethering on my Nexus One while I was on the go to get Internet, my gf wants one. Here's how to spice up your mobility with Nexus One.
When you got it installed, follow the steps below to use it:
- Make sure your APN settings is already working meaning you can browse and do other stuffs with your 3G connection.
- Start Barnacle, put a shortcut on your Home screen.
- Tap the Menu button and go to Settings.
- Tap SSID and this is where you can change your Nexus One's ad-hoc Wireless Network.
- If you wanna use some security measure, tap on Wireless Security and it'll ask you for a WEP key.
- When you're done, go back to the main application screen and press Start. Next to it there's the Associate button. Press it before connecting your laptop or any other device to it. Your Nexus One will play a sound alert everytime a new device connects.
Your Nexus One may get hot when using this application so I advise to use it wisely, a bricked phone does not do anyone any good :)
I've been testing the connection speed and I'm satisfied with it. Around the Sudirman area with HSDPA, I can get up to 1 Mbps but the latency is very high >300ms. I'm on a post-paid unlimited XL data plan and is very very worth every Rupiah!
What's your Android moment?