Back again with another post about Nexian Journey. The wait is complete for a stable Froyo mod from Cyanogen. The stable mod was released on 12 December 2010. Now let’s get our hacking mood on and get that mod into our Nexian Journey shall we?
[UPDATE] Fixed missing Google Apps MDPI Link :)
If you haven’t followed the steps in my last post here, please do so. Here’s some requirements for the mod to happen:
- Connect the USB cable to your laptop and transfer the CyanogenMod 6.1.1 Stable zip file to your SD Card's root directory.
- If you're already on CyanogenMod, hold down the power button until it shows a dialog and choose "Reboot to Recovery". Turn off your phone if you're not already using CyanogenMod and turn it back on by pressing CAMERA, VOLUME UP and POWER.
- Once you're in, scroll to INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD by using the VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN button. Please note that when you press and release the volume buttons, itâll be counted as 2 scrolls. Press the trackball to make your choice.
- Select the CyanogenMod file you copied to your SD Card earlier and confirm flashing.
- Either you're already on CyanogenMod or not previously, you must reflash the Google Apps MDPI zip file to you phone.
- Press the BACK soft button and select WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
- Select ADVANCED >> FIX PERMISSIONS
- Back to the beginning, select ENABLE ROOT to live on the edge